Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thewoosterisroot

So, ahs anyone here really used skype? i'm kinda looking around, trying to understand just exactly how it works. I downloaded it and got an account, but i was wondering how the actual system works. For instance, suposedly i can call anyone for free right now, does that include literally anyone? And also, more importantly, skype mobile? what about that? would that atually be better than the standard 2 year cell plan, or is that still in the devlopment stage? thank guys. :)

im not so sure about skype mobile but ive used skype itself, its a very easy to use and good quality program. however, my personal feeling is that google talk is a lot better.

Skype free to home phone... US & Canada to *07.

Skype just offered free use to *07. That will allow free calls for all US & Canada. Calls to home phone too.

Enter the number thus; +12508970000

That is: + sign first, then 1, then zone 250, 897 0000

You may get a pop - note to apply for 10.00 UK pound credit.

You can ignore that and still proceed calling free. TG

These providers exist Also: VBuzzer, Gizmoproject.com Blueface.IE

Caution: these three need review by those who know, before you or I can start going there. My humble opinion. TG

Vonage, you say

aWill Vonage connect you to landline or standard telephones for free as Skype does.. allbeit only until January 2007. TG

I have used skype for a few months now, and i think its the best program i have on my pc, you can call in brilliant quality (sometimes i think its even better than a regular phone) if you have a webcam you can also have a video conversation and with the new skype 2.5 beta you can send text messages for half the normal price it would cost from a mobile phone.

If you call people a lot and want to start saving money, GET SKYPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back