By thewoosterisroot
May 16, 2006
  1. So, ahs anyone here really used skype? i'm kinda looking around, trying to understand just exactly how it works. I downloaded it and got an account, but i was wondering how the actual system works. For instance, suposedly i can call anyone for free right now, does that include literally anyone? And also, more importantly, skype mobile? what about that? would that atually be better than the standard 2 year cell plan, or is that still in the devlopment stage? thank guys. :)
  2. bobby123

bobby123 TS Rookie Posts: 336

im not so sure about skype mobile but ive used skype itself, its a very easy to use and good quality program. however, my personal feeling is that google talk is a lot better.
  3. TonyGuitar

TonyGuitar TS Rookie Posts: 90

Skype free to home phone... US & Canada to *07.

Skype just offered free use to *07. That will allow free calls for all US & Canada. Calls to home phone too.

Enter the number thus; +12508970000

That is: + sign first, then 1, then zone 250, 897 0000

You may get a pop - note to apply for 10.00 UK pound credit.

You can ignore that and still proceed calling free. TG

These providers exist Also: VBuzzer, Blueface.IE

Caution: these three need review by those who know, before you or I can start going there. My humble opinion. TG
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I haven't used skype, but I have had vonage for quite some time now. Works great.
  5. TonyGuitar

TonyGuitar TS Rookie Posts: 90

Vonage, you say

aWill Vonage connect you to landline or standard telephones for free as Skype does.. allbeit only until January 2007. TG
  6. danswebs

danswebs TS Rookie Posts: 53

I have used skype for a few months now, and i think its the best program i have on my pc, you can call in brilliant quality (sometimes i think its even better than a regular phone) if you have a webcam you can also have a video conversation and with the new skype 2.5 beta you can send text messages for half the normal price it would cost from a mobile phone.

If you call people a lot and want to start saving money, GET SKYPE!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.