Sleep mode fails

veilreaper

I was not sure where to put this. I put it in this forum because I believe it is an ssd/hdd issue. whenever I put my computer to sleep, it will not wake up. I need to hold the power button and then turn the power off completely to the computer to reset it. I have an ssd as my boot drive so I have hibernate off. when I turn hibernate on, it works normally. I went into the power settings in windows and turned off allow hybrid sleep, but it still will not wake if I have the hibernate off. there is no setting anywhere on my motherboard that would allow me to change the sleep setting (ie s1, s2, s3,). any suggestion as to what would make my computer not wake up would be appreciated. thanks

asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
amd fx 4100 at 4.56 ghz
2 x 4gb kingston hyperx 1866 ram
sapphire r9 270
ocz vertex 3 90 gb boot drive
samsung 840 evo 240gb
500gb 7200 rpm seagate backup hdd
600w corsair g600 gaming series psu

On my previous Toshiba laptop, hibernate and sleep worked the same way; choose a setting and then open or close the lid.

On my replacement Dell, they both activate by closing the lid, but
resume requires just a TAP on the power-on key.

As soon as I put it to sleep, it will not wake unless I hold the power button the shut the system off, then unplug the power cord. Waking it with the mouse, keyboard, power button will no work. Lights all come on but no screen and keyboard and mouse don't light up either.

Back