Sleep mode

Tedster

Computer monitor keeps going into sleep mode even though I have it turned off in Windows 7. Any suggestions? Acer monitor.

Check the Power Profile settings - - unless that's a laptop, set it full bore all the time and forget "being Green".

Many monitors these days have the fullest set of controls all for themselves, which seems daft since whatever drives them also does the same thing. So possibly the monitor has it's own timeout period ?

It's a desktop system. Home built. I'm getting baffled. But it's really annoying because when the monitor sleeps it won't wake up.

Bit more info please. How long does it run before it switches off? Is the monitor powered by a power brick of some sort? When it goes off, how do you attempt to get it working again? Does the PC sleep, or only the monitor?

The general thought I am now having is - power problem, self-defending power-off. Obvious test is to use the monitor attached to something else, not your PC. Then you know if it's the monitor or Windows, It could even be a loose wire in the monitor signal connector or power supply cord.

Last edited:
Back