SLI problem....HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneZ

Hey guys, what's up...
I have two 7600GT in SLI mode, but i've noticed that there is NO difference in performance at all whether i use one of the card or the both of them.
I just get Company of Heros and i can't play it in Ultra Quality, and the performance is the same with or without SLI.
SO i'm thinking about get 7900GT instead...what do you think guys...?

~ Peace ~

{ AMD X2 3800+ ( Dual Core ), 2GB Ram, 2*7600GT SLI }

go for a more powerful single card definately... there have been loads of issues with the 7900GTs, maybe consider the 7900GS or GTO... or ATI... like the X1800XT(i have it and its wicked lol)X1900XT etc.

It's simply a bug in the game. Check this out.
Greg Kasavin from GameSpot said:
After the review went up on Monday afternoon, we learned through postings on the game's official message boards that the game shipped with a bug that causes poor performance on systems with SLI video card configurations. Our primary high-end test system has such a configuration, so we reconfigured the machine to verify the problem. Sure enough, simply by removing one of the system's two video cards, we got substantially better performance out of the game; you'll see how well it runs in the video review.
Check out the news for urself here. It says there'll probably be a patch out by the end of this week.

it's not only with the "Company of Heros", it's also with "Oblivion, F.E.A.R, Battle For Middle Earth 2....."
so is there a way to make the SLI works as it suppose to work....???

~ Peace ~

First of all, do u have a PSU beefy enough for SLI? At least a 550W PSU would be needed to run SLI properly. Open up ur case and post a screenshot of the sticker on the PSU or if u can, read off the brand name and no. of watts off of it.
BTW, have u tried rolling back to previous driver versions (or updating to the latest ones, if u haven't already)?
Also, have u patched all the games u play with the latest patches available?
In addition, download SpeedFan from here and tell me ur system voltages.

I've downloaded the latest drivers, and the voltages are:

Vcore: 1.30
+12: 12.46
3.3: 3.12
Vcc: 4.91
Vin2: 0.0
5Vsb: 4.85
Vbat: 0.0

and about the patches, where can i get them from...???

Thanx....

About the watt thing....my PSU is 350W, so do u think it's the problem....
thanx anyway....

Yes, that is a definite reason. U would need at least a 500W PSU to run those two cards in SLI. Check out this page for more info. I would recommend an Antec, Fortron FSP, Enermax, Thermaltake, CoolerMaste or an OCZ PSU. They're among the most reliable manufacturers of PSUs.

Your biggest problem is the 128bit memory in the 7600 cards. You need the bandwidth of 256bit memory to get good performance at high resolutions.

That's another matter entirely vegassmc, I don't think it has anything to do with the low performance. The 7600GT is a great card and two of them in SLI will give very good results in most games.

SLI problem...again...( Rage_3K_Moiz )

Hey, i've changed my old PSU ( 350W ) to Blue Storm ( 500W ) [ it costs as half as 7600GT ]....but the SLI still useless....One card of 7600GT can do the same work as two 7600GT in SLI.....any ideas...????

That might be a possibility but I've never seen 2 cards getting bottlenecked by an X2 3800+, which is a good performing processor. OneZ, have u tried updating all your games with the latest patches? The game itself will have an inbuilt update utility u can use. In case that doesn't work, go here and use the search box to search for ur game and download the latest patch for it. U will have to register first though(it's free).

I've downloaded a patch for Company of Heroes, and now i can play it in Ultra quality @ 1280*1024 JUST USING ONE 7600GT, and when i enable the SLI mode the game dosen't go any faster or any smoother, u can't till the difference if SLI is enabled or not....so i want to know did i spend my money for nothing....should i have bought only one 7600GT......???????????
i also can play F.E.A.R in ultra quality not using SLI....
and both have profiles...
In Battle for middle earth II, when a building get destroyed the game freezes for about 1-2 seconds...do u think it's a hardware problem or a software....??
and about the Vsync it's application controlled.....
Thanx anyway.....

OneZ said:
I've downloaded a patch for Company of Heroes, and now i can play it in Ultra quality @ 1280*1024 JUST USING ONE 7600GT, and when i enable the SLI mode the game dosen't go any faster or any smoother, u can't till the difference if SLI is enabled or not....so i want to know did i spend my money for nothing....should i have bought only one 7600GT......???????????
i also can play F.E.A.R in ultra quality not using SLI....
and both have profiles...
In Battle for middle earth II, when a building get destroyed the game freezes for about 1-2 seconds...do u think it's a hardware problem or a software....??
and about the Vsync it's application controlled.....
Thanx anyway.....
Are you sure you're second card is correctly configured for SLI (isn't there some kind of bridge needed or something)? Does your second card even work?

Crank up the resolution to 1600x1200 using one card and then use SLI. See if there's any difference. Also, be sure the SLI bridge is connected properly.

The SLI is working becasue i see the word SLI and the green bar appears in the game when i activate the option "Show GPU load balancing"...
and tha max res. i can put in the game options is 1280*1024....also on my desktop ( maybe because of the 19 LCD screen )....
Thanx.....

Hey, i've downloaded a program called Frabs which counts FPS while you're playing, so i tried it with "Company of Heroes" and i've noticed that there's no difference at all between One 7600GT or two in SLI, i tried it with F.E.A.R and there was a good difference in FPS, but no difference in performance.....
so why the hell there are some games even they are new they don't get advantage of the SLI......
thanx.....

This is because it needs to be built into the source code. Most new games don't support SLI/Crossfire/Dual-Core CPUs on-the-fly and need a patch for them to perform at their full capability. Call of Duty 2 is a good example.

That's right, but i've downloaded a Patch for "Company of Heroes" and it says that it fixed the SLI problem, but still the game dosen't take any advantage of the SLI, also the "Battle For Middle Earth II" dosen't take advantage of the SLI......
thanx.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back