SLI Video anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded my system and am experiencing an unusual video effect when I try to run Civilization 4 in SLI mode. The lower half of the screen exhibits a translucent red color, the amount of the screen involved shifts somewhat, sometimes less that half screen, never more than half the screen.

Components are ASUS P5N32-SLI/DELUXE motherboard, Intel Processor Pentium Processor Extreme Edition 840 3.20 Ghz, Power Supply Antec TPII-550, Memory Kingston KVR667D2N5K2 / 2Gb, Asus Video Cards EN6800GT/2DT/256M x 2

Any thoughts on what might be causing this appreciated, runs fine in non SLI mode.

Is it ONLY happening in civ4?

There are literally thousands of people who are having the same problem as you if you do a google (the split screen problems when gaming).

For many the problems seem to stop after a driver update. Have you updated everything?

Also, I have heard many people talking about vsync and it causing screen splits. Go into your card settings and try turning it off if you have it on, and on if you have it off.

Good luck!

red screen

The problem first presented in Civ 4 as a scrolling, translucent red shade over the lower half of the screen, but in Doom 3 it is a red tint to the entire game screen. I checked with the cards reversed, no change. Both cards play well in non SLI. The SLI connector has a small dimple in it, but I don't know if that can cause this artifact. I have searched online through Copernic and Google, noone reports exactly this probleem. I have tried using vsync and not using it, no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back