Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating getting a SLI set up on my new computer right now. I'm either going to go with two GF 6600GT cards or just get the radeon x800. I'm not sure which way to go though.

From what I've read, Nvidia has to actually release drivers for each specific game in order for the SLI to be really utilized. There's only a handfull of games (maybe 15) listed on Nvidia's website that are currently utilizing it.

I'm interested on some more info on this as well, does anyone else currently run it?

DjBlasphemy is correct about having to have an SLI profile for it to do anything but a lot of people from what I've been reading are learning how to hack the profiles to add games. I don't know how the ATi sli works or if it will rely on profiles for each game too..

I have heard of people hacking it as well. Mostly from the World of Warcraft forums. It seems like that allows them to play the game without any visual errors but they're saying it's not really much of an advantage over just having one card. The guys playing farcry where nvidia released the profile have been noticing a big difference.

DjBlasphemy said:
I'm debating getting a SLI set up on my new computer right now. I'm either going to go with two GF 6600GT cards or just get the radeon x800. I'm not sure which way to go though.

From what I've read, Nvidia has to actually release drivers for each specific game in order for the SLi to be really utilized. There's only a handfull of games (maybe 15) listed on Nvidia's website that are currently utilizing it.
I've read about ATi Radeons plans to work on an SLi like setup in the near future. The other advantage, though still a rumour at this stage, is the GPUs won't need to be linked to each other. I'm sure it's called AMR.

Check out this link if you want SLi to work with ANY GPU using dual PCI-E for Intel processors:
www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050106_120044.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back