TechSpot

Slimmer and cheaper Nintendo Wii coming by Christmas

By Jos
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Despite having unveiled the Wii's successor at E3 earlier this year, Nintendo plans to give its motion-controlled console a shot in the arm ahead of the busy holiday season with…

Read the whole story

2. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

Who uses the Wii anyway? Gosh.

3. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I won a Wii in a raffle. I only use the damn thing when I have a lot of friends over and they all say "Let's play Smash Bros". Honestly, I would own more games if they ever had a price drop. Mario Galaxy was 50 dollars for almost 4 years. They finally dropped the price. If a large amount of their library appeared for $30 or less, I think the Wii might be able to finally compete with the real consoles.

4. hojnikb

hojnikb TS Enthusiast Posts: 30

It will be interesting to see what M$ will do with its Xbox; will they also cut the price ?

5. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Booster Posts: 248   +12

Now I know what won't be on my christmas list...

6. "I think the Wii might be able to finally compete with the real consoles."

Oh it's too bad the Wii has sold 30 million more consoles than the 360 or PS3

7. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 729

No gamecube controller ports? In my opinion, Super Smash Bros is by far the best Wii game there is, and I like it much better with the gamecube controller.

8. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

I've tried Xbox and PS3 and found that the Wii is by far my favorite.

9. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

Would this improve readability from the discs in any way? Just wondering...

10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

Oh yes, because sales equate quality, correct?

11. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Having taken one apart I'm curious how much smaller they can really make them.

12. Exactly *coughsegacough*

13. Mindwraith says: " I've tried Xbox and PS3 and found that the Wii is by far my favorite."

I understand why you would think that mindwraith. PS3 and X-Box are a little too mature for you.