Sling TV to bolster college sports coverage with addition of Campus Insiders Network

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Fall is in the air and for millions across the country, that can only mean one thing: college sports are in full swing. There are plenty of outlets to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings and one of them – Sling TV – is bolstering its offering with a new addition to its Sports Extra pack.

Sling TV is adding Campus Insiders to its $5 per month Sports Extra pack. The channel will deliver live and on-demand content including football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer and more from college conferences including the Mountain West Conference, Patriot League, West Coast Conference and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA).

Sling TV offers more than 20 popular channels for $20 per month including ESPN, ESPN2, AMC and Adult Swim. The Sports Extra pack expands sports coverage with access to the SEC Network, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Bases Loaded, Univision Deportes, Universal Sports and beIN Sports.

What’s more, a subscription to Sling TV also includes access to the WatchESPN online portal and app. To log in, select Sling TV as your service provider and use your same credentials.

Sling TV said it would provide more information regarding the launch date of Campus Insiders in the near future.

Permalink to story.

This service is not all that is it cracked up to be. Check their Facebook comments from last nights MNF. Most experience buffering problems/ loss of content and no its not because their internet is too slow. Sling TV is accessible from quite a few devices. I find it works best from an Xboxone and Roku. The Amazon Fire Stick is too slow. FireTV on the other hand I do not know. Having sad that- the $20 is worth the occasional headache.

This service is not all that is it cracked up to be. Check their Facebook comments from last nights MNF. Most experience buffering problems/ loss of content and no its not because their internet is too slow. Sling TV is accessible from quite a few devices. I find it works best from an Xboxone and Roku. The Amazon Fire Stick is too slow. FireTV on the other hand I do not know. Having sad that- the $20 is worth the occasional headache.
Agreed I watched MNF last night and it was OK for me, but it seemed most people who had a lot of issues seemed to live near largr cities, I don't so IDK if that had anything to do with it. There Xbone and Roku apps deliver the best performance in my testing as well, unfortunately I watch mainly on the PC, its pretty buggy on the PC app. I am still hopeful, seems to get patched every 2 weeks or so, maybe they can keep improving playback on the PC app. But as you said $20 for what I am getting I can deal with the little bugs I get.

MNF streaming is a problem always. Both last year and this year I've had a lot of issues with it lagging/dropping on my apple tv. I don't think ESPN's servers or whoever they are using can keep up with the demand, any other time of the day ESPN works fine.

Back