Slow boot/freezeing after W32/Korgo.a

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i just happened to get the W32/Korgo.a worm from a friends computer the other day. I was trying to fix his computer. useing my thumbdrive to transfer programs from one to the other, the worm made it's way to my thumbdrive then automatically installed itself onto my computer. :(. well i got it cleaned off both computer but it seems to have done more dmg then i though. I have extremely slow boot times now and my computer will freeze if i try to open more then one program at once. Now most people would say "what are your computer specs." well. i have a gameing laptop with dual Geforce 7950GT's, 2g Corsair XMS memory, Athlong MX44 2.4g proc. so its nothing to do with my computer.

I have tried and tried to find a reversal to the dmg it has done but have come up empty handed. Anyway. here is my HiJackThis log if anyone could give me some help i would appreciate it. thanks!

Also. I have use Symantec Up-to-date def's to scan as well as Mcafee(after getting rid of symantec) to scan. I have also scanned with ad-aware prof, and Spybot Search&destroy.

i dont much about mcAffee,spyboot etc but what i know is they r all abunch of crap.i would recommend using AVG antispy and antivirus.the other prob u got is your file system files and registry are corrupt and now am sure u have alot of junk.ok get a pro reg cleaner like wintools,system mechanic or expect reg cleaner pro and autoruns.those are all pro tools,they dont have any harm to your pc.wish u luck.R robin_bga@yahoo.com

u can also use kaspersky 6 and antispy.am sorry i cant look at your log file because am using a cell phone to surf and replying u.remember to defrag after doing all those jobs/repairs.R

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all O1 - Hosts: entries.

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{53FB6165-1AB1-4B64-9B1C-5AD17EEE955E}: NameServer = 62.68.95.11,62.68.64.11<Only fix this if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Fix all O18 - Protocol: entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for downloading, installing and running AVG Antispyware.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

Let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nepluto only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back