Slow computer, Combofix and HijackThis! Attached

By andehpandeh
Jul 22, 2007
  1. Please help, I'm running on XP SP2 with 256MB DDR RAM and a 3.2Ghz Intel Celeron processor. The computer takes about 10 minutes to fully start up, and though I've got AOL :/ it's still really sluggish...

Any help would be really appreciated! :)
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Your computer appears to be infected, though I'm not sure yet. However, you haven't renamed HJT, and you're using and old version of it.

Please go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Anti-Spyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Anti-Rootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of andehpandeh only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.
  3. spiritedwolf

spiritedwolf TS Rookie

256Mb of RAM isn't that much, you should probably have at least 512, if not 1Gb.
  4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

Use the following 3 anti-spyware utils:

All are free. Also run the in Safe Mode. If the problem persists, run an XP repair installation.

What am I saying! SpiritedWolf is right! You are very low on memory! Not to mention you're running a Celeron processor which is a lightweight! I'll bet you're internal HDD is small too!! That's why you're comp is so slow!!

You might want to consider buying a new comp. If you're tight for $$$, trying buying a refurbished comp. They're usually 2 years old for about $400. Great bargain!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.