TechSpot

Slow computer.

By pcuseless
Jun 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RE:hi

HI,
    I've got Packard Bell desktop bought in 2003. It was working fine till a coupla weeks ago, when it was so slow. I have a coverplan so I called the help line several times and the first time was told to Click start, run, startup, disable all. It was great cause it really speeded it up. But, I then found out that I could log onto the net, to bt broadband, MSN messenger, but couldn't sign into my Hotmail account. So I went back to start.....run, when I go onto Normal startup, I can log in fine even to my hotmail account, but at a snails pace( back to square one). On selective startup I it speeds up but cannot get into my Hotmail account:( but can access all other online stuff.
    I was told by the totally useless PB team different things everytime I called, and now they've confused me no end.
    I need to go back to my original settings.....I've downloaded a recovery Disc, Backed up my files, But do not know how to go about it. Tapping on F11- like they told me to do, doesn't help.
    These are the details of my computer
    PB IMED 5044 170 from YATE LDC
    PB A727 MON
    PC LINE USB A-B CBL 1.8M
    I don't know if this is relevant info. But can anyone advise me please?
    Kind regards
    pcuseless.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

I have moved your post from the Introduce Yourself forum to it`s own thread in our Windows OS forum.

Before doing anything drastic, take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps to speed things up.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.