Slow Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

raebabe

I have an issue with a web-based program and a small amount of bandwidth. I have to get 40+ people logged into this program (Smartforce) to get them to take two course tests before I can give them their network accounts.

Right now I'm in BFE and the connectivity is about as slow as 56k. I was thinking I could log on as an admin. , download the test under a general name and have my users take it and get their soupervisors to verify that they passed. The problem is that every time I try to download the progress goes idle almost instantly.

I am legally bound to make them take these tests before I can create their accounts but even if I have them try to take it over the net. with soupervision they time out half way through and can't finish the tests.

I don't know what to do and a lot of people are starting to get really angry. Any ideas?

Since you're dealing with horrible connectivity which is presumably not upgradable, I'd recommend using a resumable download protocol such as FTP. If you can have the server administrator set up FTP on the server side, you can use an FTP client such as FileZilla and download the file bits and pieces at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back