Slow connectivity

My connectivity was working fine until I switched to a new internet service provider. I have a Dell laptop & it is connected to the wireless router but my connectivity is slow. I called the internet provider several times & changed the modem but still slow connectivity. They are saying there must be a problem with my laptop. My laptop has been cleaned of viruses. Any advice for me...

Ask them ito enable your modem. (make sure the router and pc are attached and operational)

The ISP uses Hardware Conditioning and the new ISP needs to see your router.

The ISP ran a test & said the modem and lines outside are showing clear good connection. My other laptop, cell phone & iPad have a good connectivity but this is my main laptop that isn't have good connectivity

Very good :) have you done ANY updates lately? From your O.P., I would assume the pc was just fine - - was it a wired or wifi connection? Yes you have a wifi router but which are you attempting just now?

Well after the virus was cleaned & still slow connectivity then my laptop was reloaded to the original settings... I was told by the tech who removal the viruses. So I'm not sure why I'm still having slow connectivity

I know the issue, but need inputs from you.

The problem is you have an ip address like 169.x.x.x (actually 169.254.x.x): Reserved by ICANN to show IP adress errors. You'll get this when your computer is set to use DHCP, but can't get an IP address from the DHCP server.

so we need to determine why?

Back