Slow HP Pavilion Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

My Laptop is slow and I dont know whats up.
For example every new website i surf into it uses 100% CPU, and if I minimize a window it uses like 50% CPU.
Just about anything I do uses alot of CPU!!!

I have a HP Pavilion ze5613ea
Intel Celeron 2.6GHZ, 448MB RAM
XP Pro SP2

NOTE: It's formatted and only the needed drivers are installed and updated! + NOD32
I've tried formatting it several times but it doesn't seem to help...

could be virus issue, But I doubt it. also your hardware isn't that great either.
A celeron is slow. You only have 512mb ram which quite a bit is being eaten by your video. Double it to 1 GB. Also your hard disk is probably slow. Get a 7200 speed or better.
I'll be willing to be you have tons of programs that autoload on startup. Use mike lin's startup editor to weed those out too.

Run crap cleaner to fix your registry and clean your system too....

"A celeron is slow"... "SLOW" is really a relative term. If Stefanossi's system once ran faster than it is now, Stefanossi is saying that it is a lot slower now... with the same memory and CPU. Isn't this right Tedster? I agree with the Mike Lin's and Crap Cleaner statement

Stefanossi said:
Hi there!

My Laptop is slow and I dont know whats up.
For example every new website i surf into it uses 100% CPU, and if I minimize a window it uses like 50% CPU.
Just about anything I do uses alot of CPU!!!

I have a HP Pavilion ze5613ea
Intel Celeron 2.6GHZ, 448MB RAM
XP Pro SP2

NOTE: It's formatted and only the needed drivers are installed and updated! + NOD32
I've tried formatting it several times but it doesn't seem to help...

When last did you run Chkdsk on your drive C:\? Open MY Computer right click on the Local Disk C: click on properties then on Tools then on Error-checking Scan Now. That will run when you reboot the PC it's a 5 stage process.

You might have a bad HDD? Is that Laptop still under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back