Slow internet....please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am having trouble with load speed. My comp has been defraged, I have 3 drives with over 20 gigs each of space and have a gig of mem. I've done all the suggestions to no avail so I am posting my HJT log. I hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

clipboard.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - blank (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - blank (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - blank (file missing)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [clipboard.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipboard.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipboard.exe

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of fonzybear only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for answering Howard. Still no avail. Weird because before I went on vacation last week all was fine. In loading pages it's slow for cable. It's more problematic when I try to view streamed content. Radio/video, all the same....very slow. Dl and UL speeds seem to be alright. When I ran a DSL test, for my IP I am in the slow range. I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with my cable itself since we've been having really violent windstorms here lately. Nevertheless here is my new log.

Ken

Your HJT log is clean.

I suggest you contact your ISP and see if they can give you any answers.

Failing that, maybe open a new thread in our storage and networking forum.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of fonzybear only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back