slow local area connection icon on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,i have a problem : my local area connection icon in notification bar apears slowely on starting up my windows (xp sp2) and until it apears i can't see my internet connections and connect to internet. i use an adsl modem is connected with ethernet (lan) cable to my pc.how can i fix this problem?

How slow?
Check NIC in the device manager for errors.
Check NIC properties and make sure it is all set to automatic.
Turn off the firewall pro tem.

It is a matter of how slow this process is. Has it always been at this rate? This may just may be a matter of waiting it out. You could get a startup monitoring program like Mike Lin's "startup" and see everything that is downloading at boot and you have the option of changing the way your system boots to some degree. Some bootup programs can be delayed. Possibly long enough for your modem to get in line.

no startup programs or device error

I checked my startup list and didn't find any program causing delay,please tell me usless services may be start on startup and cause delay.

Run msconfig from the Run box and 1st disable everything in startup and then go to services, hide all MS services and disable the rest. Reboot and tell us what happens.

I checked my startup list and didn't find any program causing delay
All programs that are on at startup cause your startup to be slower. The worst, the main cause of slow starts, of all startup programs is usually your firewall or antivirus. Also look for updated drivers for your NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back