Slow Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnavyman

:confused:
Hi,
I had to feformat my machine and now have lost a program that made my printer work at light speed instead of a page/day. My printer is a lexmark x73 and went really well with this software that I downloaded. It is a free programme and from memory it uses windows to print. Any help would be much appreciated.
As always, thanks in advance.
xnavyman:cool:

Hey xnavyman. :)

As far as I know, it is not possible to make your printer print faster than it is designed. Here's why.

Printer speeds are controlled by the hardware. For example, laser printer speeds are determined by the fuser core and other mechcanical parts. Not the software.

If you adjust the quality of the printer, you can speed it up quite a bit. Perhaps the program you speak of gives the best combination of speed and quality for your printer. You should be able to achieve this without using 3rd party software.

As far as printing from memroy goes, the printer spooler in Windows already has that. Some larger printers such as network printers have expandable memory inside the printer which will prepare printables without having to rely on Windows' print spooler.

Hi Rick,
I dont think I explained myself too well. I know that you cannot make the printer print faster. What I meant was, when I click on print it takes forever for the printer to start printing. It started a coupla yrs ago when I couldn't print a doc from the net and was told to download a programme that allowed me too. Now after installing this programme I found that the printer virtually started printing as soon as I hit print. Being so long ago i have forgotten all about where and when. Thanks for the reply and maybe someone will know the programme.
xnavyman

Sorry peoples, i am a silly duffer. After playing around with the settings etc I found winprint. The printer now charges out of the blocks like a startled gazelle. I gave myself a slap on the wrist for wasting forum members time.
Thanks
xnavyman

XNAVYMAN,
I think you should try things out yourself,before bringing it up.
however, kudos for figuring it out yourself cos i don't know
what could have readjusted the speed of a printer other than
the settings which would also affect the print quality.
Bros fims.//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back