Slow Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an HP all-in-one 2175 series. I had it for a couple of years now. out of the box, it printed fast. now, it prints extremely slow even on fast mode. occasionally the printer starts working properly and prints one page quickly, but then starts printing slow again. i recently formatted my computer and the same thing happens. i updated the firmware off the hp site which is supposed to fix the slow printing but it did not.
Any suggestions?

post some system specs
OS
memory
HD Size and free space

Due to the PCL data stream being generated by the driver, I would suspect
disk fragmentation as a component.

Can you print to file using the same printer drivers? If it is fast that way then your problem is with the printer port or the printer itself. If printing to file is dead slow too then your problem is the driver. Maybe try PS instead of PCL?

Its a Toshibe Satellite A-1
0My system specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 cpu,
1 gig of ram
Windows XP
60 gig hard drive, 48 gigs free
The printer is connected through a high speed powered hub.

I don't think that its a probelm with the computer because i previously had it hooked up to my desktop and i had the exact same problem.

yea i used the same drivers...when i try copying something, it copies slow aswell....i noticed that ussually the first print job it printed fast, and then when i try to print something else, it will print it slow again. Nodsu, i'l try to find some updated drivers for it. thanks! I'll let you know if it solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back