Slow Scrolling in IE

By lalaji
Feb 28, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey im hoping you guys can help me out here. I just installed XP. I did a fresh install (format and install) and almost everything is running perfectly. I installed all the updates (SP1 and all the critical updates). The only problem is in internet explorer. When I scroll down a webpage using the wheel on my mouse or the down arrow or even by clicking down on the scrollbar it scrolls rather oddly. It isnt smooth like it was in Win2k. I have Smooth Scrolling enabled yet everytime i scroll down its like the screen jumps and it slowly redraws the screen from top to bottom. Anyone know how to fix this? Please help.
  2. lalaji

lalaji Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 155

Never mind guys, i figured it out.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,430   +281

What was the problem?
  4. lalaji

lalaji Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 155

After installing XP for the second time (had to do a reinstall cuz the USB 2.0 driver installation messed up) i forgot to install the new Catalyst drivers for my 9700 Pro. About 4 minutes after posting I remembered this, installed it and it worked.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.