TechSpot

Slow signature pictures from www.umr.edu?

By Nodsu
Mar 22, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. www.umr.edu

Is someone using some picture in signature from this site?
    It takes forever to load for me (I have always hit 'stop' button after burning some 100 000 neurons thinking bad things about my internet connection).
    Is it slow for anyone else too or is it just me?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Yes SNGX1275 is loading pictures from this site. It is our school. They have been having some problems lately with the internet, but.....in time things should go very fast. I am not exactly sure what is wrong with it, but it seems to go down every once in a while. I think they are changing over to a new system or something.:confused: I don't know.

But to answer your question, yes SNGX1275 uses that site.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,640   +322

Yeh, I got my sig pics loading from there. Poertner is right there have been some problems. If anyone is still expierencing this problem I'll remove the pic until I know the site is running good.

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 9,431

Everything seems to work OK now, sorry about my impatience.
    I think the problem was partly caused by the browser's disk cache being cleared after every logout.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.