slow start menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDIsTheBest010

hey everybody:

recently on my eMachines T3882 Desktop PC, the start menu button will fade away slower than it had been recently. I didnt know if this may have been b/c of my Fire-damaged monitor. (melted casing, still works though) but it will do it for about 10min then its fine then a while later, it will start up again.

...AMD

Do you have a CRT? If you do, I was thinking that sometimes the pixels sort of get worn out at places where the same thing is often or always showing up (like the taskbar and start menu). If you have a CRT that has been around awhile or maybe one that is cheaper, it might be wearing out.
hoping to help
kitty500cat

no its a 19" gateway LCD, it has gone through a fire, it melted the plastic casing around the edges, but its worked fine and i have never had any problmes with it.

Gateway 19" LCD
Model: TFT1980PS+

...AMD

Oh yeah, what do you mean that the start menu button is slow in fading away? like do you have your taskbar set to auto-hide or something? I don't really know of many other situations where your start menu button would be hidden.
hoping to help
kitty500cat

no, like when i click on the start menu, then click on the desktop to get rid of the menu, it doesnt diassaper instantly like it used to, it takes FOREVER to go away some time:(

...AMD

If you have another monitor handy, you could maybe try hooking that up and seeing if that does it. If it works fine w/the other monitor, your video card could be bad. I'd just guess, though, that it is the monitor's fault. Maybe it's about time to replace the monitor.
hoping to help
kitty500cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back