Slow-startup laptop spontaneously crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Having followed your given instructions for removal of anything malicious from my computer I think i've managed to rid my laptop of a few trojan horses and various other tracking cookies etc...

However, the underlying problem I was having with the machine is still there: it's incredibly noisy - especially when I open up programs like Messenger or iTunes and then will peak before switching itself off lasting anywhere between 40 minutes to 2 hours. When I try to switch it back on again, it might take 3 or 4 times before I can get as far as the Windows symbol. Then it takes forever (15mins+) at startup if it does load.

So i'm wondering whether something more vicious has now been unleashed, or if the problem is the fan or a combination of the two...!

Please find attached my HJT log. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Best wishes.

Incredibly noisy in what way? Does it sound like a fan? Or maybe the hard drive?

The majority of the noise is coming from the fan, but the hard drive is definitely joining in too! The light indicating that the hard drive is being accessed seems to be constantly on too...

Also, i've noticed that even when opening the lid coming out of hibernation/ standby the firewall and the anti virus are disabled, and startup is painfully slow.

Thanks so much for responding!

Thanks! I'll definitely do that... but would that be responsible for a slow performance and deactivation of firewall/antivirus too?

Best wishes.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It appears you`re running more than one antivirus programme. This is not recommended and will slow your system down and may cause conflicts. Uninstall one of them.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winzxr32 - winzxr32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above inactive entry, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of AT46 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back