Slow Ti4200 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslord15

OK...To start it all off, here's my comp:
AMD Athlon XP+ 1800 (1.53 GHz)
ASUS A7N266-VM nForce Motherboard (266MHz FSB)
512 MB PC-2100 DDR RAM
MSI StarForce GeForce4 Ti4200-DT64 (64 MB DDR)
nForce Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound (Onboard)

When I play games such as Counter-Strike, Command and Conquer: Generals, Medal of Honor, etc. (Graphics-intensive cutting edge games) I get 20-25 frames per second. I've seen people running on GeForce 2 cards that are getting 50-60 fps in the same applications. I have done everything in my power to try and fix this: I've downloaded tweaking utilities, tried overclocking by 5-10 MHz on the video, I even set all of the graphics levels in the games to their absolute minimum, and I am running these games in 800x600 and even 640x480, but to no avail. Can ANYONE help me????!!!!!

Yeah, I shut off McAfee Virus Scan, its Console, my Task Scheduler, and the ASUS Probe (checks temps and voltages), still nothing....

I know the Nvidia boards use their own busmastering drivers are they installed? and have you checked to make sure the card is running 4X AGP and not 2X?

OK...I use 3DMark2001 SE, and I just noticed that on the System Info page that the mobo is really only running at AGP 1x!!! However there are no settings in BIOS to change the mode, nor on the display settings...HELP ME!!!

OK.
I just downloaded Powerstrip, and got my card running at 4x. However, I'm still getting scores below 3000 on 3DMark2001. Any other options? I'm contemplating getting a new card...

Everyone, completely disregard my other messages, this is probably the cause of my problems:
In the System Info of 3DMark2001, it doesn't detect my video running on my AGP slot - my AGP card is "running" on a PCI slot! This isn't right. Is there some kind of detection problem? What should I do?

The setting in the bios for choosing AGP or PCI Video at start up is usually in the power management section of the bios. check there to see if you can switch it from PCI to AGP.

If it says that its in a PCI slot, that means that you haven't installed the drivers for your motherboard - so the AGP slot is not fully recognised.

Insert the cd of drivers that came with your motherboard (or d/l new ones)..It should help, and hopefully bring performance back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back