Slow to open Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

This has been a recurring problem of mine which I can no longer take. It takes my computer about thirty seconds to open up internet explorer from when I click the icon. I do not have this problem in any other program except Internet Explorer. Any ideas?

I used to have this problem with Outlook express... Over and over again... Format at after format.. etc.

I think that you should probably run system file checker ( Start/Run/SFC /scannow ).. Make sure you have your Windows CD handy.

Beyond that, I'd double check to make sure your internet/network settings are correct.

Just curious - McAfee running on this machine? Happens on one of my machines (but goes away if I kill McAfee services). Just curious.

LNCPapa

No, not right now. I uninstalled my virus scan about a month ago because I was convinced that upon startup, it was the reason why my computer would just sit and think for 2 minutes before i could do anything. I'm pretty sure i was wrong about that, and that time of idle when i log into windows, i believe, is my computer accessing an ip address from the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back