Sluggish Internet, logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Security Essentials detected Comame trojan. Ran the 8 steps. Not sure if the SuperAntiSuperware ran sucessfully since the app disappeared on me.

Thanks. HDD just recently died - another one and trying to recover data.

edit: also suffering from the common google redirect error earlier.

Sluggish Internet, sluggish computer= McAfee? If your subscription is about to expire, ditch McAfee for something less invasive and FREE like Comodo Internet Security. Did you perform a fresh Windows install or did you do a system restore? Make sure you install all the Windows Updates

I just did a fresh install on this HDD earlier last week because the new 500GB HDD that I got for the netbook died on me. It wouldn't boot up, Recovery Console does not see it and I'm afraid to run chkdsk /r on it from from this computer before extracting the data off it.

It still has McAfee on it because it came with it on the reinstall of Windows. I don't want to reinstall Windows again - it is a pain. I do have Microsoft Security Essentials installed. Didn't know Comodo was free.

So the computer should be safe now?

Microsoft antivirus just detected VirTool:INF/Autorun.gen in the Microsoft AntiMalware folder on my computer. It seems like there might still be something wrong with the system.

Did you format the drive during the "fresh" install? If not, it wasn't a fresh install of Windows. You probably did a windows restore since McAfee was reinstalled

I'm not sure what the difference is but that was all that is included with Acer eRecovery. It gives you the option to save your old data onto a backup folder. All my other software is gone. There is no other option when reinstalling windows. No option to fix anything either if you don't have the actual setup disk.

IE seems to have stopped working now. I could enter addresses in the address field and click on links but I can't type in text boxes like the one to post a reply and in google when searching for stuff. Using portable firefox now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back