small glitches when playing some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfefe2

i just upgraded from integrated graphics to a geforce 7600gt. While playing far cry cs:s or DoD:s, i will have a very steady framerate (around 60fps with maxed settings) but every now and then, especially when the map first starts, there will be very slight pauses that last about a 1/5 of a second and about 1-2 seconds when i first fire my gun. This does not happen at all when I play painkiller though. I have an amd athlon 3500+ with 512mb of ram. If i upgrade my ram to 1 gigabyte or my psu to over 350w (its at 300w right now) will these annoying glitches go away? the recomended psu, according to the box, is 350w and im worried that mine doesnt have enough juice to power it, hence the pauses. or is it sometyhing wrong with my computer or brand new card?

Upgrading your psu sooner rather than later is a good idea. With a system like yours id say that a 400watt is your minimum really to be on the safe side.

Have you checked your bios settings to ensure they are set correctly for a plug in graphics card?
And did you remove all drivers and applications for your on board card before installing your new one?

Definitely a PSU upgrade is in order. Get one from a reputed brand like Antec, Enermax, Thermaltake, FSP Fortron or OCZ. They're trusted PSU manufacturers and their PSUs come with good voltage protection and are reliable.

rik said:
Have you checked your bios settings to ensure they are set correctly for a plug in graphics card?
i removed all the other drivers before installing, but how would check my bios for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back