smitfraud-c.coreservices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can someone help me! I have tried everything to remove this as i can't browse due to the amount of popups! my connection speed is bad enough as it is without this to slow me down! have attached my hijackthis log if anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Hi Dazednconfused and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Dazednconfused only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Continue...!

OK have finally managed to do all the things in the post you suggested but the computer is still mega slow even tried upgrading the RAM but still runs badly have attached the requested logs although I couldn't get the AVG antispyware to save the log it found only two low grade security that were fixed by deleting, I ran it 3 times and tried to save it but to no avail! Oh and anti root kit found no probs!

I had sh!tloads of problems with this, but go into safe mode and once you scan with Spybot and find the locations of the pieces, usually a couple in the registry and a couple in the windows folder, you can delete them without them refusing you access. You can use the automatic fix on spybot or your other virus software, but given the trouble of getting rid of them before, I decided to manually go into the windows folders and regedit so i could SEE them gone. After that my system was just fine.
So yeah, safe mode will allow you to delete them finally with no refusals.

#Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

1. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)
    You may also delete the C:\VundoFix Backups folder and its contents.

2. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

3. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

4. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

With regards to your slow system, may I suggest that you read this thread here on how to speed up your system.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Dazednconfused only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back