TechSpot

Snowden documents say Canadian intelligence agency uses airport WiFi to track passengers

By Justin Kahn
Jan 31, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. While Edward Snowden has told the media he has no further documentation regarding NSA and other government spying, new revelations from documents he has turned over are continuing to surface. Recent news from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) says information obtained...

Read more

2. Snowed-In is sooo yesterday. zzzzzzz

3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 930   +354

Not only is he 'today', it is happening 'right fffing now'
    You work for the GCHQ, NSA or government? Want it all to disappear from the media?
    May we never forget and actually force our governments to change.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  4. SirChocula

SirChocula TS Booster Posts: 75   +59

People like you is what is wrong with the governments of countries today with spying; not caring and being complacent when everyone's freedom (including yours) is slowly being taken away. GG

5. "Snowed-In is sooo yesterday. zzzzzzz"

...people who comments like this either this guy is soo yesterday or just plain ignorant about their freedom get robbed

6. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

I absolutely despise people like you; people that don't give a rat's *** which of their rights are taken away, until it starts to affect them. We either stand united against our governments, or we fall alone, one at a time.

7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Evangelist Posts: 738   +247

This is quite significant news in my book. Until I'd read the article, I didn't even know Canada had an intelligence agency.

8. I really like the 'we're only collecting meta-data so we can't identify you' vs. the 'we can track a specific target amongst 300,000'

yea, trust us.

9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,556   +2,899

What gets me is if you are foreign, least the government can do is ask if they can track your activities and deny anyone that says no. But in my opinion tracking foreign people in not their only goal, which is why they don't ask.

10. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,752   +1,107

Do you know what the phrase "People Like You" means? It means you've taking one idea, judged that person completely on it and grouped them in everyone else who disagrees with you. It's one of those phrases you have to avoid if you want people to pay attention to whatever else it is you have to say.

By the way. Warning us that the govt is infringing on our rights is rather misplaced this time around because this story is about Canada. Canadians are too busy being upset at their government for their open door policy on immigration and free healthcare to be worried about airport wi-fi.

Oh, and in case you haven't flown lately, they make you show ID now, so being tracked by wi-fi is rather pointless.

11. That's why I secure my public Wi-Fi network with VPN.

12. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Yes, Snowden has done the entire world a favor. I can't wait until the documents released shows Russia's intelligence capabilities. Oh wait, maybe Russia remembered to take those documents out before they granted asylum in their country.

13. All of you freedom fighters out there who think that Snowed-In is still relevant and that he is actually helping your 'cause' - what have you actually done to further your freedom? Used TOR? LoL, you really give me a chuckle.

Thanks for taking the bait, and for thinking I'm a Fed. Double the LoL!

14. "All of you freedom fighters out there who think that Snowed-In is still relevant and that he is actually helping your 'cause' - what have you actually done to further your freedom? Used TOR? LoL, you really give me a chuckle. Thanks for taking the bait, and for thinking I'm a Fed. Double the LoL!"

..see? What I told you before, people who comments like this either this guy is soo yesterday or just plain ignorant about their freedom get robbed.. Don't worry, I do this on purpose taking the bait just to point out that my opinion is right, and you're that proof...