TechSpot

Snowden says the NSA was actually responsible for the 2012 Syrian internet blackout

By Justin Kahn
Aug 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Back in 2012, Syria had a nation wide internet black out for two days. Local government officials claimed it was a result of some kind of terrorist attack, but according to Edward Snowden, US agents accidentally took the country's internet...

Read more

2. Snowden

Snowden TS Member Posts: 68   +31

Do you still like my leaks?

Am I still credible?

I hope so.

It's cold here.

Nero7 likes this.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,882

Well, like we used to say about the weather, "it's nice out, let's leave it out".

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,549   +2,352

There's some spook journal out there similar to Science that covers all of the United States' cutting edge classifieds. It's probably filled with some pretty impressive and alarming stuff. You haven't heard of this journal because its actually important.

There is also, right next to the standard issue NSA commode, a magazine that details America's various clandestine exploits. It has Snowden's leaks, this new guy's leaks, and other neat intel. It is the spook version of Salon, and agents read it because it's fun.

5. NOD vs GDI

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,882

Does anybody in their right mind actually care who, or what, took out Syria's internet?

Snowden, you should go to Syria, and let us know when you get there, so we can nuke the place. We'll try to leave the cables and ISPs intact, so you can "tweet" about it afterwards..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014