So-called "System" file unable to delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

themitchguy

I have this file on my desktop that's undeniably NOT an important system file, it was in an archive of a few Guitar Pro sheet music files I downloaded. However, It's marked as a system file, and when I go to delete it, a message pops up saying the file doesn't exist in that location anymore, when it's plain that it does. I'm wondering if it's malware or something of the sort, and if not, I want it gone anyways. Any help?

I changed the directories' names b/c the computer was at first saying the file names were too long, but it's now C:\Users\Mitch\Desktop\all\1\1\1\1\Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus[v2.3].torrent. Usually, wouldn't it be a torrent file? it's saying it's a system file.

And I can right click on it, but no modifications can be made, since the computer doesn't recognize it exists in that spot anymore. In the Security tab, there's nothing in it. Same with the Details tab. the general tab says it's size is 0 bytes.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Vista users:: Right click on SystemLook.exe, click Run As Administrator
  • Copy the content of the following box into the main textfield:
    Code:
    :filefind
    Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus[v2.3].torrent
    :file
    C:\Users\Mitch\Desktop\all\1\1\1\1\Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus[v2.3].torrent
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

I did the scan, but no cigar:

SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (11.01.10)
Log created at 17:30 on 27/02/2010 by Mitch (Administrator - Elevation successful)

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus[v2.3].torrent "
No files found.

========== file ==========

C:\Users\Mitch\Desktop\all\1\1\1\1\Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus[v2.3].torrent - Unable to find/read file.

-=End Of File=-

However, I noticed that there is a space after the file extension in the actual file, so instead of ".torrent" it's ".torrent " Would that be part of the problem?

Run SystemLook with little bit different code:
Code:
:filefind
Guitar_Pro_sheets_plus*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back