So I found a box

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_dragon

yes I found a box and it has all kinds of solderers and capacitators and all those electric things
I like to learn but can anyone point in a direction to learn how to mod n stuff?

go down to radio shack and get yourself a do-it yourself home electronics kit. building those projects gives you a real good understanding of electricity and electronics.

zephead said:
go down to radio shack and get yourself a do-it yourself home electronics kit. building those projects gives you a real good understanding of electricity and electronics.
... and are pretty hands on too :)

Knowledgable people are also helpfull.. especialy if you want to join one of those electronics courses at uni/collage/community center/etc..

what type of electronics are you interested in modding? eg audio, circuits, ICs etc...

If you are daunted by soldering - get a low wattage iron from radio shack and practice! I practiced on an old NIC for about a week before doing my xbox and a buddies xbox - no bad solders! low wattage will take a bit longer, but less likely to burn the pcb or pull a trace.

good luck!

sl33py

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back