TechSpot

SoF2 GL Extension problems

By [OoD]CastorTroy
Mar 7, 2004
  1. I have a feeling some of you might have heard about this particular problem before, mayyybe, so i hope you can help.

I have a problem with my graphics for maps on maps which require a fog on sof2. jor1 etc

By some miricle i've worked out that it is to do with the GL extensions (being notvery good at messing with game settings). I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX5600 (if that is of interest). The problem is the fog is obsurdly heavy... as in, it isn't a fog, i can't see anything on me map bar players and boxes, walls etc and pure white.

So when i turn of GLextensions, i can get rid of the fog, but punkbuster then kicks me from all multiplayer servers, stating 'Cvar v-allowextensions=0', which obviously means i need them running.

note: the maps with fog, run with no fog at all when GLextensions are off (in the 2 minutes im allowed to stay on the server i know this o.O;;;;)

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.