Software for making ringtones (Windows XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredarmando

Hi all,

First, my question: Does anyone here know of a program I can use to make ringtones out of songs I already own on CD?

Now, some explanation: In the past, I have used iTunes to purchase ringtones. It has a very intuitive and effective tool to cut the desired song into a ringtone that is as long as I want and EXACTLY the part of the song I want. Very nice, indeed. However, they only let you do it with songs you purchase from them. And most of the songs I tried to purchase are not available as ringtones for some reason.

So what I am looking for is a piece of software for Windows XP that will let me cut my song exactly the way I want to and save it as an mp3 file. Something that has fade in and fade out and a graphic representation of the song. If it lets me splice two songs together, even better (but not a must). Preferably, something that is easy to use. Nothing professional. It's just to use on my cell phone.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Before I go, I also wanted to say that this forum is great. Keep up the fantastic job!

A good (and free) program to use is Audacity - found at audacity.sf.net - make sure you install the lame libraries so you can encode to MP3. It's available on all 3 major platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back