Software to show annoucements on TV

In my computer class, I want a software that I can display announcements on a computer to display it on a TV. I don't know exactly what section I should be looking at but anyways, I want this software to display announcements that repeats over and over again and once the bell rings I want a timer on the screen to show how much time is there for passing. If anyone knows a software for that, It would be very helpful to me.

thanks.

First issue is "Where do the announcements come from"?
Is this some existing service you know of OR do intend to provide this as a means to update some population of class room users?

One means would be to use a lan based webserver and a webpage which
contains your announcements. An a meta refresh to keep it current:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30; URL=absolute_path_to_same_page..."/>
This would work for a push-down list of items, but not auto scroll.
(edit: the 30 is a 30 second pause between refreshing the page /edit)

If you want some form of marquee, like the Windows Screen Saver of the same name, then the page would need some Javascript to cause the scrolling and looping.

Second issue is displaying on a large monitor or TV and then how to for multiple class rooms?

Sorry but in some parts of your response I did not understand it and I will try to respond as from what I understand.

First of all I am not exactly sure how we are gonna get the announcements from, but from what I was thinking, maybe the administration would give us a paper and we would have to write it down on that program to display it on the TV.

And I think a LAN based web server would work but I don't know how to get it working or setting it up, but if you know that would be greatly helpful.

And I'm pretty sure we are just going to display it on 1 tv only which would be like outside of the classroom on the wall in the hallway so people could see it as they pass.

And I think a LAN based web server would work but I don't know how to get it working or setting it up, but if you know that would be greatly helpful.
Google for Apache - - there's a Windows download and in fact, I have it on my laptop for testing web development (it is Open Source so it is free), The only significant configuration issue would be to set the Listen port in the config/httpd.config file
Listen 10.1.2.100:80
that is my laptop LAN address and the :80 is the port. All PCs on that LAN can access the server at least by ip address: http: // 10.1.2.100 / (remove the spaces) and it's possible to make names work too - - but that's another story.

maybe the administration would give us a paper and we would have to write it down
If it were a single sheet, then you might be able to display it all on one webpage using Server Side Include (HTML SSI and you can google that too.) Students would not need to wait for the scrolling marguee to complete the text :)
<!--#include virtual="/directory/included.html" -->
Put this one line into an HTML page with the META REFRESH shown before and then you onlu need to modify the included.html file to update the announcement.

The software for this is obviously doable - - BUT how will you get PC->TV connected? Seems that HDMI would work (creating hardware requirements for both devices), but the pc accessing the webpage (not necessarily the same as the webserver itself) will need to be as close as possible to the TV (in a locked closet nearest the TV).

Back