solid icons color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panic_MD

pleased bear with me for a minute, i'm running windows xp on my desktop i getting soild color around the name of the shortcuts i don't know the proper name for this problem, my brother say the icon background color is different from the desktop background color, i want to it be clear again (icon background) plz enlighten. :confused:

Start,
Control Panel,
Display,
Desktop Tab,
Customize Desktop,
Web Tab,
Untick Lock desktop icons
OK
OK

DONE

Let me know if this works

no go meat, it didn't work out but thanks for the reply keep digging for me want this condition to go away it's an eye sore, frickin' thing look like 98 desktop puke:. don't want to reformat the drive again you know. calling all techspot experts, help.

Drop shadows

Go to control panel, system properties

In the window that opened, select the advanced tab
select performance settings, in the lis look for "use drop shadows on..." make sure that is enabled and click apply and ok.

That should do it

Yes that did the trick good looking Maestro, i have a cousin had the same issue showed him what to do n' bam, he's going to sign up to at techspot. :cool: thanks a bunch.

Keep in mind that there are some applications that can actually cause you to have to do this everytime you use it. If this is happening to you repeatedly start paying attention to what apps you're using and pin down which might be causing it. I know that NetSupport Manager 9.0 is one app that does that to my machines.

LNCPapa said:
Keep in mind that there are some applications that can actually cause you to have to do this everytime you use it...

Hmm, i'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back