Solution to protect, monitor, detect, alert and respond to privileged account activity?

entrycoupling

With the growing threat from the hands of an external attacker or malicious insider, our organization need controls put in place to proactively protect against, detect and respond to in-progress cyber attacks before they strike vital systems and compromise sensitive data. We are looking for a complete solution to protect, monitor, detect, alert and respond to privileged account activity. Could anyone here please suggest a trusted expert in privileged account security? Thanks!

Sounds like your a small business owner, in which case I would say post an add on somoething like craigslist looking for a software kitty who can write defense software, (sketchy places usually dont seem reliable but provide the best people for the job)

Sounds like your a small business owner, in which case I would say post an add on somoething like craigslist looking for a software kitty who can write defense software, (sketchy places usually dont seem reliable but provide the best people for the job)
No offense, but I wouldn't trust craigslist. I'd trust the people in here thou. TS has intelligent helpers.

...our organization need controls put in place to proactively protect against, detect and respond to in-progress cyber attacks before they strike vital systems and compromise sensitive data. We are looking for a complete solution to protect, monitor, detect, alert and respond to privileged account activity.
So is the rest of the Internet, Small Business community and even Governments. As literally state, this is a HUGE problem to be solved.

1. put in place to proactively protect against & detect attacks
  2. respond to in-progress cyber attacks
  3. before they strike vital systems and compromise sensitive data (aka isolate upon detection)
(1) is big enough by itself. consider just one system: protect the whole HD including the system & the user vs just user data vs proprietary business data. The scope of this choice can cost 2x the existing storage costs today. The more you include, the less reactive your protection/detection will become.
(2) respond how and where? If the intrusion is via the external Internet, do you disconnect your gateway and isolate the company? If so, what's left of your day to day business? If the intrusion is via linked devices/mapped drives(nasty to determine in the first place), which one is the root of the problem and if disconnected, again, what's left of your business?
(3) companies with one homogeneous network will be indefensible while infrastructures with network segmentation and role base access control don't get spawned overnight

You might begin by researching IDS(Intrusion Detection Systems) to gain some insight to some of the issues embedded in your request.

No offense, but I wouldn't trust craigslist. I'd trust the people in here thou. TS has intelligent helpers.

I agree. It's a good move that you inquired here instead of craigslist. I can't remember how many times I've been scammed finding a VA there, what more now that you have sensitive information that you're asking to protect.

Or try researching about powerbroker identity. My Dad just got one for his company.
Powerbroker is an Active Directory service for all platforms {Win, Mac, Linxu} BUT ...
has N O T H I N G to do with the subject posted by the OP.

Back