Solved:I have the aboutadog problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambertr

I have followed the instructions and downloaded the myriad scanning programs and applied all fixes and deletions suggested. When I open IE, the trusted files still show the dog sites as trusted until I remove them. According to AVG 7.5, I don't have a virus, etc. It did show a threat on Oct 13th and removed it, but since then it shows everything is fine. I did have McAfee site advisor (free version) and it seemed to go bonkers last week...began turning on multiple copies of itself according to the task manager. I also had problems with Adobe Flash Player and uninstalled then reinstalled it. Everything is running fine now except for the dog sites continuing to show up in my Trusted Sites. I use my computer for work and home uses, including bill paying. How I discovered that I had this virus was when my husband was unable to download songs from Amazon.com's new music site, and I was going to add it to my trusted sites. That's when I found the dog sites listed.
Thanks for any help!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system was infected with a trojan called Downloader.Agent.awf. It replaces legitimate files that are common on most computers with an infected file. Then, it moves the legitimate files to a bak or backup folder.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Right click on this link DelO15Domains.inf and choose Save As. Save it to your desktop. Right click on that file and choose Install. It will run immediately (you won't be able to see anything happen). You may delete it afterwards. NOTE: This script will delete any sites you may have added to the Trusted Sites. So if you want them back, you have to add them back to the Trusted Sites again.

Please download FindAWF to your Desktop.
Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool.
Select "option #1 - Scan for bak folders" by typing 1 and press Enter
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt as an attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of lambertr only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool. Then, do the following
Select "option #2 - Restore files from bak folders" by typing 2 and press Enter .
A text file will open up. Please copy/paste the following text from the quote box (all except the word QUOTE) into the text file.

"C:\Program Files\DellSupport\bak\DSAgnt.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3400 Series\bak\ezprint.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3400 Series\bak\lxcymon.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Lexmark Fax Solutions\bak\fm3032.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\bak\type32.exe"
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\bak\qttask.exe"
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bak\ctfmon.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\bak\avgcc.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\bak\Reader_sl.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\bak\WkUFind.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\bak\jusched.exe"
"C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\bak\DirectCD.exe"

Close the .txt file and click Yes to save the changes.
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt in your next reply as an attachment.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of lambertr only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please double-click the FindAWF icon once again
This time we are going to remove some folders.

Use the following option: Press 3 then Enter to remove bak folders

A text file opens called: folders.txt
Click below the line and paste the following list of folders to be removed:

C:\Program Files\DellSupport\bak
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3400 Series\bak
C:\Program Files\Lexmark Fax Solutions\bak
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\bak
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\bak
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bak
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\bak
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\bak
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\bak
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\bak
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\bak

Next, close and click Yes to save the changes.

When done with the above, FindAWF automatically runs a new scan and opens a new log that you need to post.
Please provide the new FindAWF log

That`s now clean.

To finish, run Option 4.

Double-click the FindAWF icon once again.
Use the following option: Press 4 then Enter to reset domain zones

When the program returns to the main menu, use the following option:
Press E then Enter to EXIT

Please post fresh HJT and Combofix logs.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [SRUUninstall] "C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe" /x {6AF90EF6-F7F9-466C-99F4-1774826FBB40} /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [SRUUninstall] "C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe" /x {6AF90EF6-F7F9-466C-99F4-1774826FBB40} /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://content.ancestry.com/asfiles/files/install/MFImgVwr.cab

O16 - DPF: {861DB4B6-3838-11D2-8E50-002018200E57} (MrSIDI Control) - http://images.myfamily.net/isfiles/downloads/MrSIDI.cab

O16 - DPF: {F5D98C43-DB16-11CF-8ECA-0000C0FD59C7} (ActiveCGM Control) - http://www.ahtd.state.ar.us/Road/acgm.cab

O21 - SSODL: Ripobbro - {AD891D5E-CE73-41C4-BA47-4A708091C30E} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\capugaud.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\capugaud.dll
PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.
C:\Qoobox
C:\vundofix backups
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drvipmid32.dll

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and Combofix logs.

Let me know if you`re having any problems.

That looks good.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Thank you very much! :)

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back