solved security toolbar removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1711

Had security toolbar and all the problems that went with it - Tried loads of things suggested in this forum. Even downloaded and paid for Spynomore, which said it was a guaranteed fix for it. This didn't remove the Trojan - kept coming back when rebooting the machine. Finally ran combofix and this worked.

Have I wasted my money buying Spynomore?

I'm glad I found this forum to help me find out what was wrong

Yes,you have wasted money buying Spynomore.:(

There are some very good free ones.

Spybot Search and Destroy,

Ad-Aware,

AVG Anti Spyware

Spywareblaster,

and a few others you will see recommended on the is forum.

If you want to certain your system is clean go HERE and follow all the steps.

"Note on SpyNoMore: SpyNoMore was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives. Testing with the latest version of the program indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider SpyNoMore to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware."

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#snm_note

So be sure you're using the most current version.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Uninstall SpyNoMore from add remove programmes.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of steve1711 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back