Sombody please help me!! I cant connect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop computer and I know nothing about computers. Unfortunately I am still on dial-up internet. The other day I was on the internet and the electricity in our house went out and I lost my connection. Ever since then I have not been able to dial a connection. I have run every test on my computer and they tell me that my modem is functioning properly. I have replaced the phone cord connected to the computer just incase it was damaged, but I still cannot connect. Will I have to get somthing replaced and if I do does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Sombody please help me!! Thank you!!

First, try other phone jacks to hook your modem into, and see if it works. If it doesn't, try another modem. Yours may have been ruined for some reason. If that doesn't work, call Hp, maybe they will be able to help with replacing a part that went haywire or something. Good Luck.

The exact same thing (almost) happened to me! My modem just stopped working for a month, and then one day my little brother turned it on and it just did again! The only difference was this modem was broadband, but I rand my isp and they told me to try a few things:
1. Unplug everything from all the phone jacks in the house(or wherever you are) and plug the phone cord directly into one of them.
2. Change the phone cable (but you did this didn't you)
3. Reset the modem.
And check your internet connection settings to make sure the right number is being dialled and the right options are set.
I'm guessing you have the same problem as me though, and none of these things worked for me, I'm pretty sure it was an isp issue they sorted. Anyway dunno about yours but mine was going to send out a tech support person and if it was their problem the call out was free, so maybe you should get in contact with them. Sorry I can't be of more help...

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!

Check your password and user name. Also, does you modem dial at all? Can you hear you modem or what exactly happens?

Regards :wave:

My modem does not make any noise at, all i can hear it dial but i cannot hear a dial tone like i used to. Currenty i am on the internet on another computor in my house that is connected with the same internet provider so i dont think that it is the provider that is having trouble connecting to my house. I still haven't solved the problem but thanks so much to those of you that have given me advice. Maybe ill get my little brother to mess with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back