Some advice with building a computer for multimedia use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people,

my name is mike, im new on here (so hello!) wondered if you could help me a bit.

I working of designing a new desktop pc, for multimedia use (mainly software music production).

at the moment i have chosen the following:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core
Barracuda 7200.8 250GB ATA100 7200RPM 3.5" 8MB HDD
Barracuda 7200.8 250GB ATA100 7200RPM 3.5" 8MB HDD

I dont think there are any compatibility problems so far, (if there arre please point them out!) and now im looking for RAM, since the machine is AMD am i right in thinking that DDRII isnt compatible, so i have to go for DDR400 ram? I was thinking of going with corsair ram, what would you recommend as the best ram.
also, is the mobo i have selected at the moment going to be wicked, whats the chipset like? and also, would anyone reccomend a different mobo?

thanks a lot,
Mike

p.s any suggestions/hyperlinks to any of the following, that would be suitable:

FDD
CD-ROM
Heatsink
Fan
PSU
Case
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse

love that mobo

just built a 64-bit rig with that same mobo, i loved it. i used corsair 2x 512 ram pc 3400 sounds like you got some dough to spend judging from the other stuff your buying so you could get some faster, but corsair and kingston i've used both and love em.

If you're doing music production, I would suggest a sound card. You'll need a fair amount of RAM too. 1-1 1/2 GB should do it.

Welcome to the boards mike, I'm new here too :D :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back