Some beep

Problemsrbad

I am not sure what it is. Happends every hour. I came from https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164031-2.html#post1030855

I am not sure what it is. Happends every hour.

Its a beep from the speakers every hour or so. It just started happening when I posted about it before. The screen saver starts fine and when the beep happens it dont pop out the screen saver. I dont know what it maybe. Is sounds like an error window popping up but with no error window. Other then that everything else seems okay.

29z20wm.jpg

My only thing that has me curious about your statement that this happens about "every hour", is the question............are you running some sort of clock thing that by default the computer beeps every hour, sort of a make shift hourly chime, that most real world old school clocks do? But there again you said it's happens mainly when the screen saver is up and running, hmmmm........I don't know, just thought the clock thing was it, maybe not.

No no, It happends no mater if the screen saver is going or not. I was just stateing that the screen saver don't get effected by it. I don't have any hourly beep set in my clock.

It sounds like an error window popping up but I can't see one. I have watched for 9 hours, It just makes the noise every hour or so. It dont sound like the vol. button but like an error window would pop up.
Could it be a dieing CMOS battery? Or would that beep the pc speaker itself?

Back