Some keys do not work

Using on screen keyboard at the moment due to the fact these keys dont work: Lshift+z+x+v+c+m+,+.+/
Ive tried cleaning, uninstalling, changing lanuage, restarting and even rebooting to clear everything on the laptop (hp pavillian)

it happened out of nowhere I was simply typing on facebook and the keys at first for example did this: c=xz but now c doesnt work all together.

ALSO: I connected a usb keyboard to the laptop and it does the same thing with the exact same keys on it.

has this happened to anyone else?

if you are able to help would be amazing as it took so damn long to write this with on screen keyboard, this laptop is still being paid off last thing I want to resort to is paying to get a few keys fixed aswell, I tried to put as much info as I could thanks for taking the time to read.

I have had keys not work because the keyboard got dirty, or damaged, but I have never heard of this problem - especially if you plug in a usb keyboard and the same thing happens.
My best guess is maybe you have a sneaky virus that does this.
Maybe try to run a few malware programs, your antivirus, and a couple online antivirus.

Hopefully someone actualy lhas an idea what is going on and how to cure it.

I have had keys not work because the keyboard got dirty, or damaged, but I have never heard of this problem - especially if you plug in a usb keyboard and the same thing happens.
My best guess is maybe you have a sneaky virus that does this.
Maybe try to run a few malware programs, your antivirus, and a couple online antivirus.

Hopefully someone actualy lhas an idea what is going on and how to cure it.
-

Do you have any good programs to suggest for that? I thought it was pretty whack too..

One, free, idea that's worth doing, is to go into 'Device Manager', Keyboards, (right-click) and uninstall the keyboard driver.
Reboot the pc, with the USB keyboard not yet plugged in, then when the pc is up to the desktop, plug in the keyboard and the driver will be installed as 'new found hardware'. This may be enough to fix it.

Hopefully you don't have this problem but be aware that there is a keyboard controller chip on the motherboard. If the keyboard controller chip has failed you are probably looking at a new motherboard/laptop. It's a pretty unusual event though.

Back