TechSpot

Some one smarter than me, PLEASE HELP ME!

By snowkissed
Aug 21, 2005
  1. Here's the problem...
    I had a virus, BKDR_ROBOBOT.AE
    I removed it, removed spyware, and then it told me to reboot. Upon reboot, I am stuck in a loop. I get the Compaq screen, the Windows XP screen, a quick flash of the bluescreen and then we loop again, over and over.

I am running xp pro. I do not have the operating systems disk (so i have learned). I tried the boot order thing that was posted (b4 i learned i didn't even have the right cd).

Does ANYONE have any ideas? I really need this thing to work. Feel free to give very specific directions/instructions if you have a plan for me as I am not all that pc savy.
    Thanks SO much!
    Snow

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

you can try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 (you can hit it all you want) at the beginning of windows' boot process. usually, virus scanners/cleaners are more successful when run in safe mode, so you may want to give your pc another going-over if you can boot.

3. snowkissed

snowkissed TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried safe mode. it will not boot in safe mode either. I have actually tried every mode on the f8 screen. no luck. the only thing is does do, is if i turn off the automatic reboot after system failure, then it goes to a blue screen with a {fatal system error}. Help!

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Borrow someone else's Windows CD of the same type you have, i.e. XP-Home or XP-Pro. Then try to do the Repair as described in Read: How to.. at the top of this forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.