Some one smarter than me, PLEASE HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem...
I had a virus, BKDR_ROBOBOT.AE
I removed it, removed spyware, and then it told me to reboot. Upon reboot, I am stuck in a loop. I get the Compaq screen, the Windows XP screen, a quick flash of the bluescreen and then we loop again, over and over.

I am running xp pro. I do not have the operating systems disk (so i have learned). I tried the boot order thing that was posted (b4 i learned i didn't even have the right cd).

Does ANYONE have any ideas? I really need this thing to work. Feel free to give very specific directions/instructions if you have a plan for me as I am not all that pc savy.
Thanks SO much!
Snow

you can try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 (you can hit it all you want) at the beginning of windows' boot process. usually, virus scanners/cleaners are more successful when run in safe mode, so you may want to give your pc another going-over if you can boot.

I have tried safe mode. it will not boot in safe mode either. I have actually tried every mode on the f8 screen. no luck. the only thing is does do, is if i turn off the automatic reboot after system failure, then it goes to a blue screen with a {fatal system error}. Help!

Borrow someone else's Windows CD of the same type you have, i.e. XP-Home or XP-Pro. Then try to do the Repair as described in Read: How to.. at the top of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back