Some problem with hardware

img263.imageshack.us/img263/9316/25022011094.jpg

Since I am new, I am not available to post an image or link here. Please refer to the address above for screenshot of my CPU problem. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what's wrong with my CPU for such screen to appear?
I try several ways but I still can't find the solution and what's wrong with this.
I had format the computer for several times, I think the OS is definitely fine and it's hardware problem. I am seeking for help here.

Sometime the CPU work really well..
When I start my CPU, there is 10% I can run the startup smoothly and 90% the screen appears and just stop running.
One more case,if the computer run smoothly, there is possibility that the computer will restart by itself and then bluescreen happened.

Hope for suggestion and solution here.
Thanks a lot for helping ^.^

Try tapping the F8 key as soon as you switch on and then select safe mode.

If this fails to go into safe mode try removing one of your memory sticks, if no better swap the stick to another one. If it boots OK with only one stick fitted you have found the problem.

Do you have a graphics card, if so remove the card and clean the contacts with a soft pencil rubber (up and down not from side to side) refit the card and boot up to see if there is any improvement.

If that fails and you also have onboard graphics connect the monitor to that and boot up.

Please give the details of your system, name and model number, and the version of your operating system.

My desktop model is Compaq Presario SR5255AP.

Spec of desktop :

- AMD Athion 64 x 2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
- 2GB RAM (1GB is added from the original 1GB RAM)
- 160GB 3G Hard Disk
- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE 3D
- SuperMulti Drive with LightScribe Technology
- OS : Windows 7 Ultimate (Original OS : Windows Vista Basic)

Thanks for the system specs but you need to try my suggestions in post 2 and tell me what happens before I can be of any further help.

If you can get the PC to boot up please follow this instruction to post the minidump files, five will do, so I can examine them.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced.Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Thanks for the great help, my CPU works after I applied the second step as you told ~
But when I try to play a HD video with resolution 1920 x 1080 . the video is laggy but 1280 x 720 video can be played smoothly..
My monitor is a HD monitor with 1920 x 1080 resolution , do you know what's wrong with the CPU or system ?

This was the step you followed?

Do you have a graphics card, if so remove the card and clean the contacts with a soft pencil rubber (up and down not from side to side) refit the card and boot up to see if there is any improvement.

Glad that helped.

The remaining problem with resolution is simply due to the graphics card, a better card would resolve this or you may get some improvement by turning off shadowing. You should also check on the Nvidia site to make sure you have the latest drivers, if you are using an out of date driver you may find some improvement with the latest one.

Back