Some programs do not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

srai

there are problems with some programs on my computer. When I click to start some programs (only some not all) my computer gives me "encountered a problem and need to close" box,

Here, the information about the error or the report…
Error signature
AppName: ezcddax.exe AppVer: 6.5.2.1 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00f43519

I don’t get, nothing of what the above contents mean…..

there are problems with some programs like guitar pro, packet tracer, classic media player, easy CD DA extractor and some others...

Please post me some suggestions on this…….
Even I thought about reinstalling windows but even then what if the same error appears…..

TECHSPOT please help!!!!!

Thank You

EZCDDax is an infestation.
Run the 8-steps removal program found elsewhere on this forum... it works very well... better than anything else for EZCDDAX.

or try this

or buy and run SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, or Avira Antivirus or Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, and SuperAntiSpyware,
Disable System Restore temporarily; Update your virus and spyware definitions; reboot in safemode; Locate EZCDDAX.EXE with whatever antivirus or spyware you normally use; double-click on it to uninstall virus files program. Follow the screen step-by-step screen instructions to complete uninstall of EZCDDAX.EXE and related file names; delete or modify any values added to the registry related with EZCDDAX.EXE removal; download ATF Cleaner or CCleaner to delete all temp files;Reboot.
Then use an antivirus program such as Avira Antivirus or Kaspersky to scan your entire sysem again in normal mode, then in safe mode.

Information about ezcddax.exe: http://www.programchecker.com/file/17448.aspx
Name: ezcddax.exe
Publisher: Poikosoft
Category: AudioVideo
Version Number: 9.0.1.2
Description: Easy CD-DA Extractor main application
Permission: This version of ezcddax.exe has been authenticated and has no reported problems
Recommendations: If ezcddax.exe is running on your PC, you should verify that it is authentic. A file name alone is insufficient for identification. Run ProgramChecker Personal Edition and FileAnalyzer to be sure you are running the actual version.
Legitimate file will show on:
Default Location: c:\program files\easy cd-da extractor 9\ezcddax.exe

To check: right click om Start> Explore> Programs> look for and verify the above location.

1. IF it is on Startup, stop:
Start> Run> msconfig> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK this process> Apply> OK.
(NOTE: On the first reboot after making a change on the Startup Menu, you will get a nag message that can be ignored and closed after checking 'don't show this message again.' STAY in Selective Startup.

None of the other programs you mentioned need to be on startup either and can be handled the same as above. (guitar pro, packet tracer, classic media player, easy CD DA extractor and some others...)

When you want to use the program:
Start> All Programs> Find the program and launch from there. You will click on the .exe file.

You weren't clear on just when these problems occurred, but if the error came when you started up the computer, removing it from the Startup menu should resolve the issue.

IF the errors occur when opening each from All Programs, I will need to know your operating system and the version of each program. If could be either compatibility issue of a permissions issue.

Regarding version number: your error message shows ezcddax.exe AppVer: 6.5.2.1. I searched this program an noted that it is now up to at least v11 on crack Torrent sites. I suspect that it is not a legitimate program and/or out of date and not compatible with the current OS.

thnks

yeah i am somewhat getting it now.....

one of my senior said that theres something wrong with the windows installer related file called msiexec.exe......(no idea what this is), he said all the programs that is mentioned in earlier posts requires this file to run initially and might be the very exe file is corrupted.......
can you make something out of it???

i think i'll have to google on the file "msiexec.exe"

Some info...
  • MSIexec is the command line tool which invokes the Windows Installer and passes it the command line arguments
  • MSI Installer is an application installation and configuration service often used to install software application packages into Windows
Some Recommended things to do... (in this order)

What operating system are you using?

Check the system requirements and see if the version is compatible.

Updating the installer will be a good idea but ti won't solve the problem is the version isn't compatible.

Updating the installer will be a good idea but ti won't solve the problem is the version isn't compatible.

Double checking things is always good tho v4.5 supports pretty much all flavors of XP and Vista, 32 and 64 bit.. So you;re odds are pretty darn good (tho XP SP1 is not supported but if you are still running XP SP1 you probably have lots of other issues!)

Code:
[B]* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP[/B]
[INDENT]The Windows Installer 4.5 redistributable can be installed on Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, and Windows Server 2008 in X86, X64 and IA64 flavors.

For Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-bit platforms):
x86 Platform: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

For Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and Windows XP 64-bit Editions:
x86 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe
x64 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe
IA64 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exe[/INDENT]

Hey LookinAround why when I go here http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120486
And download the Windows Installer (in my case Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu)
It doesn't run or anything? Actually how does a MSU file run? (I must have missed something :confused: )

Hmmm...no, actually that's an excellent question. I had noticed the Windows Installer v4.5 availabilty some time back. I also noticed MS including their long list of supported Operating Systems but I hadn't yet actually installed it myself.

So i just tried the same. When i did try the exact same file as you i had similar results. Which is all very odd given all the info Microsoft provides in their MS KB.

So.... I will investigate further and then, hopefully, explain how to either:
- Extract the files from the .msu download OR
- Extract the foot from my mouth!

/* EDIT 1 */
Kimsland, I (maybe) have the answer

Are you running XP or Vista?
=>On Vista, .msu files should be associated with C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe which is the Windows Update Standalone Package installer
=>.msu files don't work for XP
=> If you ARE running XP, you should be using:
For Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32-bit platforms):
x86 Platform: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

For Windows XP 64-bit Editions:
x86 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe
x64 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe
IA64 Platform: WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exe​
i don't have access to a Vista platform to test this on (at least not today) but am about to go verify 32-bit XP myself....and see how that works one of my systems

/* EDIT2 */
And just saw your follow-up post. So all;s good . And i had the chance to learn about yet another quirk between XP and Vista Windows versions!

My bad :(

The 4.5 package I required (X86 XP SP3) from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120486

Should have been: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe (the last one in the list)

------------------

But at least I've learned that on Vista, you can use the standalone program from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926464

Or do this for MSU files

Right click the .MSU file and select Open With.
Click the Browse Button.
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32.
Select the 'wusa.exe' file. (which doesn't seem to be in XP by the way)
Select Open.

Anyway, all's well ... bla bla bla

still......not done

hello all,,,,

i tried with everything here........the msiexec.exe related fix didn't help either. i even tried repairing windows, still the problem persists.

well i am using windows XP (service pack 2),
and yes i checked with the system requirements, they all are pretty compatible with my version of windows. if not, they wouldn't run in the past (before the problem popped)

.....so what do i do?........go with the fresh installation of OS or.................???

Did you do this in my Post #4?

1. IF it is on Startup, stop:
Start> Run> msconfig> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK this process> Apply> OK.
(NOTE: On the first reboot after making a change on the Startup Menu, you will get a nag message that can be ignored and closed after checking 'don't show this message again.' STAY in Selective Startup.
You weren't clear on just when these problems occurred, but if the error came when you started up the computer, removing it from the Startup menu should resolve the issue.
IF the errors occur when opening each from All Programs, ....... If could be either compatibility issue of a permissions issue.

Some additional comment/observations
  1. Do the problems appear related to all (or mostly) multi-media programs?
    I re-read your earlier post. I noted you said
    there are problems with some programs like guitar pro, packet tracer, classic media player, easy CD DA extractor and some others...
    I'm not certain about packet tracer but i noticed the other programs you mention are multi-media related. Is this generally true of the programs you're having problems with?
  2. Try uninstall/reinstall to see if program runs OK after prior cleanup actions
    One quick thing to try: Simply uninstall Easy CD program. Then reinstall it (using latest version as Bobbye noted you have an older version). Let us know if the problem reoccurs after reinstallation
  3. Let's see if anything is appearing in your Windows Event Logs
    • Click Start->Run, enter: cmd
    • Copy the loooonnngggg command line below and paste it into a command prompt window then hit Enter. When complete you'll find the file events.txt on your desktop
    • Attach the events.txt file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
      Code:
      cscript "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventquery.vbs" /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fo table /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning" > "%userprofile%\desktop\events.txt"

/* EDIT */
I've updated the command line so it's just one single command line

Oh no, please, not the entire Event Log! I try to discourage this LookinAround. Most It's a lot of extra material to go through. Users can easily pick out the Errors in the logs, copy and paste them.

For explanation of the Event Viewer, Events and Errors, please read my description:
Description of the Event Viewer:
Unfortunately, many Windows XP and Vista users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:

The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.

Please do not copy the entire Event log.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html
It looks like the code you left for the command may bring up Warnings and Errors. However, this can still be a big can of worms. I would rather deal with the Errors that correspond to the current problem rather than all of them.

However, if you want to go through the entire Event logs, I will leave it up to you. For myself, I would rather educate the user in what to look for.

Oh no, please, not the entire Event Log! I try to discourage this LookinAround. Most It's a lot of extra material to go through. Users can easily pick out the Errors in the logs, copy and paste them.

Ummm.. who said anything about the entire event log? As it seems you don't understand what the command actually does, first try running it yourself. I can describe the arguments so one can tweak as needed to suited one's need
(So happens these commands extract the last 25 Error and Warning Events from both the System and Application logs. No events that are simply for Information are extracted. The extracted records are written to a simple text file for review. Personally, i find it pretty darn handy. Especially if one simply wants to copy/paste the command and keep it in a desktop file so at anytime one has a very simple and easy "one-click" method to view the most recent Error and Warning events that have occurred in their System and Application logs.)

Yes, they bring up only Errors and Warnings (why extract Information records into the text file when not needed) plus
=> It's not always the case that the root cause of the problem is what you see at the time of the error. (Do really only want to know the errors of the instant? or suppose it's handy to have a brief history listed for you to look for patterns, related errors, the things one sees by associating errors and warnings that occurred over time?
=> Whether you want to see the last 50 or if just the last 20 is better is just a guess and easily tweaked. Of course, one also has the option to change the query to extract records based on a range days. (So could also just request errors and warnings that occured on one's own (or a user's) computer over the last couple days. Is very useful to see a short history so I'd be happy to deal with looking at the last few day's history instead just the one or two of the moment if you'd rather not
=> Finally, once we (the forum helpers) decide what type of event records are important, we want to see and then set up the command arguments appropriately, i bet it's easiest for a user to simply copy/paste a single command line to a window then try go thru event logs themselves to copy/paste isolated entries (and, frankly, if they're inexperienced users I far prefer knowing that what i'm seeing and using as the basics for help in troubleshooting hasn't been mistakenly edited! and i'm missing seeing something important!)

Well, I did miss the fact that 'only' the last 25 Errors and Warnings will come up with the command. However, I prefer to handle the Event Errors or Warnings differently. Please feel free to handle this log posting as you wish.

This does not make either of us wrong or right- it's a preference.

......contd

Thanks to you all……so much of suggestions, I am delighted.

Sorry I couldn’t provide the information in time as there’s massive power cut in my country.

Yes Bobbye, I have tried all what you suggested about going to msconfig>startup tab
My startup menu doesn’t contain anything except for an AVG antivirus and USB disk security….and it’s the same with registry as well.
I am the sole user of the computer, I have full permission.
Not only from ALL PROGRAMS, run those programs from anywhere, the error occurs

To LookingAround
The problem is related not only to multimedia s/w but others like packet tracer, it being a simulator s/w.
Yeah I have tried uninstall and install many times with different versions of those softwares.
Yes here I have attached the event.txt file as you asked …………..please refer

Again Bobbye
I thoroughly read your descriptions for explanation of the Event Viewer, Events and Errors
And here with I have attached a doc file containing those error descriptions

THANK YOU

Attachments

• events.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 5
Wow! Thus is the first time I've seen the results from the Event Viewer using the command LookinAround gave you! Nice going LookinAround! I can see how this could be very helpful and my apology for giving you 'flack' over it. I have had some users post pages and pages of the Event logs, including ALL events and it was a real pain to go through. I have saved the command for this and look forward to recommending it's use in the future.

Here is some research I did on the Errors. Yes, copy and paste is an easy thing, but it appears you have multiple linked problems and I'd rather refer you to a source for more information than try to 'say it better"

Event Errors:
Regarding Event Errors 59 and 32- Source: Side by side:
This event occurs in conjunction with EventID 32 from source SideBySide and it is caused by an application that was not packaged with all of the necessary runtime files. solved by getting the appropriate C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.

Event Error 59, Source: SideBySide / Time: 3/4/2009 11:14:00 PM
1. Resolve Partial Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
"Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system". To resolve this problem, I used the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package to install the runtime libraries (M923014). The root cause, which was identified later on, was Logitech's QuickCam software V10. ( this software may or may not apply to your system- uninstall v10, install v11 and patch)
2. Generate Activation Context C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcmgr.exe The operation completed successfully./ Time: 3/4/2009 11:14:00 PM- make sure AVG is installed correctly, configured and updating. Look for any recurrence of this Error with AVG description.

This problem occurs if the following packages are not installed locally on the SoftGrid Client:
Please see this for instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;939084
* The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package
* The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package

Event Error 32, Source: SideBySide/ Time: 3/4/2009 11:14:00 PM Description: Microsoft.VC80.CRT The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Download here:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Error 1000, Source: Application Error/ Time: Error3/7/2009 3:38:42 PM, Description: Faulting application gom.exe, version 2.1.6.3499, faulting module gaf.ax, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00041a5f.
gom.exe> GOM Media Player
gaf.ax > module\r > Leica Digital-Module-R: the world's first digital 35mm camera
Some tips for handling the gom.exe/gaf.ax error: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=211399

Event Error 1000, Source: Application Error, Time: 3/7/2009 12:11:05 PM Description: Faulting application mplayerc.exe, version 6.4.9.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00006278.
1. mplayerc.exe> Media Player Classic.
2. Threat Expert: Across all ThreatExpert reports, the file "mplayerc.exe" has sometimes been a threat.
3. faulting module ntdll.dll: Ntdll.dll is an NT layer DLL file that controls Windows NT system functions.
A layered design that consists of two main components, user mode and kernel mode.
User mode: User mode in Windows NT is made of subsystems capable of passing I/O requests to the appropriate kernel mode software drivers by using the I/O manager. Programs and subsystems in user mode are limited in terms of what system resources they have access to,
The kernel is also responsible for initializing device drivers at bootup.

Please see this site for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Windows_NT
LookinAround, please feel free to add to this. I am very impressed by this command!

Additional Events:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 3/5/2009
Time: 10:35:26 AM
Description:
Faulting application packettracer5.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0012aa90.
CISCO Packet Tracer 5.0> provides a simulation-based environment for CCNA-level networking training.
Look for assistance here: https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/3673
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 2/24/2009
Time: 5:02:00 PM
Description:
Hanging application Converter.exe, version 1.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
Image Converter: mostly likely on the Startup menu and should not be there. Not releasing at shutdown- hanging. Removing it from startup should resolve this.
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 2/19/2009
Time: 11:18:24 AM
Description:
Faulting application gp4.exe, version 4.0.7.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00e3673c.
Ggp4.exe> Grand Prix Games 4. Please see their community for help:
http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,682081,733558

just fyi to all...

Here's a slightly modified version of the command. This version can simply be pasted into the Start->Run box so should be even simpler for the user. (thanks kimsland :grinthumb)
Code:
[B]cmd /c cscript "%windir%\system32\eventquery.vbs" /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning" > "%userprofile%\desktop\events.txt""[/B]
For the complete MS command description see Eventquery.vbs. For a brief description of the parameters you'll find I used
  • /l EventLogfileName you want to extract from
  • /r EventRange an integer indicates the number of recent events to extract (that meet your filter requirements)
  • /v turns on verbose mode to give full detail about each event
  • /fi Filter This is the filter used to determine WHICH event records to extract
You can also filter event records by date. For example, if you add the argument
/fi "Datetime gt 03/09/09,12:00:00am"
to my current command (as shown below) it would only extract:
=> the 25 most recent ERROR or WARNING events since midnight, Mar 9, 2009
Code:
[B]cmd /c cscript "%windir%\system32\eventquery.vbs" /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning"  /fi "Datetime gt 03/09/09,12:00:00am" > "%userprofile%\desktop\events.txt""[/B]
Also note: This command only works for XP! There's a different command (with uglier syntax) for vista... but i'm working on it :D

Well "%userprofile%\desktop" is actually the same as Desktop in Windows (and you don't need the inverted commas in this part either (ie > desktop\events.txt will be sufficient) Actually the commas weren't needed at the start either

ie:

Code:
cmd /c cscript %windir%\system32\eventquery.vbs /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning"  /fi "Datetime gt 03/09/09,12:00:00am" > desktop\events.txt

Thanks again for the Event commands reference. I think I have introduced about a gazillion Windows XP users to the Event Viewer. But although I have several Command references saved, I have never learned to make full use of them. I think printing out will help make them easier for me to remember.

srai, I hope out venture into 'Command Land' haven't sidetracked you. There is always more to learn and that' a good thing!

Well "%userprofile%\desktop" is actually the same as Desktop in Windows (and you don't need the inverted commas in this part either (ie > desktop\events.txt will be sufficient) Actually the commas weren't needed at the start either

Not quite true...

• Simply using desktop\events.txt assumes the user shell opens to the user's home directory which is not always the case
  • So, it's safest to provide the full path to the user's desktop by including the %userprofile% shell variable (which already is assigned the string pointing to the user's home directory
  • You also refered to comma's??? was that a typo? don't think i used comma's in my command
  • And fyi.. to anyone reading and curious.. when you open a command prompt window, simply type set then hit enter. You'll see all your current shell variable assignments

Thanks again for the Event commands reference. I think I have introduced about a gazillion Windows XP users to the Event Viewer. But although I have several Command references saved, I have never learned to make full use of them. I think printing out will help make them easier for me to remember.
<snip>
Glad you found it helpful. Feel free to ask should you have any question about commands. Am certain kimsland and i will give it our best opinions to help ;) (and then try to correct one an another till we both get it right :D ))

Not quite true...

• Simply using desktop\events.txt assumes the user shell opens to the user's home directory which is not always the case
I don't understand that ?

Desktop always opens in the Current Userprofile Desktop
When does Desktop open with another profile?

Anyway, I've reduced that command even more (tested on a known working XP machine)

Code:
cmd /c eventquery /fi "Type eq Error" /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning" /fi "Datetime gt 03/09/09,12:00:00am" > desktop\events.txt

Note if you get an error such as vbs cannot be opened just run this first:
Code:
cscript //h:cscript //s //nologo

or just run this:
Code:
cmd /c eventquery /fi "Type eq Error" /l application /l system /r 25 /v  /fi "Type eq error OR Type eq warning" > desktop\events.txt

Effectively not using cscript or %Windir%\System32

Srai
Please pardon us as we continue to "steal bandwidth from your thread"! And please post any time to give us an update on how your problem is doing!!! (so we can re-direct our attention - as you will always get our top priority in this thread! :) ) And with that said.... back to kimsland...

Desktop always opens in the Current Userprofile Desktop
When does Desktop open with another profile?
Now i'm not sure that i'm understanding...We're talking about opening a command window, yes? (vs. opening a desktop)??

Also, fyi... Don;t know just when it started (if something i did or maybe some script i downloaded/ran/was playing with) BUT at some point at least 4+ weeks back, whenever i open a command prompt window
  1. It opens to a directory under C:\Program Files
  2. I've already checked and, yes, my userprofile variable is still set to my home directory
  3. I haven't taken the time to figure out why this happening as yet as hasn't been on my priority list
  4. In part, as i always use %userprofile% whenever i reference my desktop :D
  5. PLUS, also note!, NOT using %userprofile% still assumes that a user is opening a NEW command window before running the command vs. a user seeing no reason why not to simply run it from an existing command window where they may have already changed the current directory and then they are stumped why the command fails with The system cannot find the path specified.
  6. Odds are we're stumped as well.. not learning till much later they used an existing vs. new command window that just happens to point to other then home directory
As for other points, i think we're beginning to get into personal opinion when one tries to strike the balance between
=> Making the command as short and slick as possible for "us geeks" ;) vs.
=> Making the command reasonably bullet proof for users to use

And as for whether cscript command should precede eventquery or not on the command line:
One good reason for including cscript on the command line (vs explicitly invoking and changing to cscript) is exactly so one need not be manually setting/changing their Windows Script Host and then knowing how to set it back to what it was (seems vaguely familiar as i say that ;) )

And as far as whether the command can run outside of cscript entirely, I dunno. I stick to cscript just because that's what the Windows KB said to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back