Some programs will not connect to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3ddi30

:mad:
im really not happy about this, for about 8 months, only a few of my programs have connected to the internet.

My IE and Limewire appear to be the only programs connecting

my msn live 8.0 or any other versions ive tried to install dont work! it comes up with error codes which ive solved but it still doesnt work! im now using meebo which is a

ive tired to download firefox, that never connected to the internet.

going on hotmail doesnt work either, it just says page cannot be displayed, but it works on all the other computers ive been on!
My avg7.5 didnt update, neither does my mcafee, it tells me to check for updates then i do and it says internet problems retry, it still doesnt work, nothing will update. its completely screwed. ive gathered that it might be something to do with my protocool? maybe?
i looked in my msconfig services and HTTP SSL has been stopped, ive ticked and restarted it, but its still stopped.
ive got a belkins 802.11g - 54mbps connecting to a wireless netgear router from a mac adress.
what the hell do i do ppl? plz help me
regards fr3ddi30!:dead:

and if its a virus. then how can i get rid of it coz i cant update mcafee, lol. my friend sent me AVG7.5 updates but it only found a few trojans. not what im looking for. plz help?

sounds like your access to your DNS is trashed.

run this, copy and paste the data in myTcp.txt found in your \docs & settings\yourlogin;

run->ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt

also please report the URL for your ISP's home page so I can verify the settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back