some questions concerning x1900xtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am currently building my first custom pc with some help of a friend and I am kinda concerned about something... This new PC is obviously going to be a gaming PC (that I can afford at the moment anyways) and I was wondering if these parts will work well with the radeon x1900xtx 512mb on gaming...

-Intel Core Duo 2.13ghz
-Antec True Power 550 watts
-Corsair XMS 1GB (2x 512mb)

- and some other stuff that I am positive that will run fine, my main concern are the parts above.

The games that I will be playing are like Oblivion, Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R, Half Life 2, and all those other games that require some pretty good graphic cards. So will these parts run flawlessly with high to max settings? or should I change some stuff? Thanks in advance!

*NOTE* I know there are some better cards than the x1900xtx at the moment, but I am getting a really good deal for it ($200 retail), and I plan on adding an extra 1gb as soon as I make some more money.

I have an Asus Radeon X1900XTX and I also use an Antec 550W and Corsair XMS (2 x 1GB) PC3200 (DDR400) except I have an Athlon 64 FX-55 so I can't say anything about the Intel processor. For what it's worth, of the games you listed, I have Battlefield 2 and Half Life 2 and they run great. I'm not sure of the exact settings they run but they are mostly high.

I'm Running The Sapphire Model.....

....of the same card and it's rock-solid. IMHO, if you're getting it for $200, you're getting a steal.

The card is paired with an Athlon 64 3200+ and 2GB Corsair PC3200 so, like mailpup, I can't vouch for the Intel, though I don't see you'd have any real issues. I'd hazard to say you'll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back