TechSpot

some trouble with a ATI 9800pro

By warriorsquirle
May 26, 2005
  1. hey guys i got a prob with a ATI-9800pro-all-in-wonder. it's getten REALLY hot all the time. i have 2 case fans on it and i had the side pannel off but that dosn't seem to help. i don't know what the temp is but it's allmost too hot to touch. i don't really wanna go out and buy a fricken water-cooled thing and waist a lotta money. anyone know of a cheap way to go? my psu is a 2.4 celeron that dosn't even get warm i have a 500 wat PS and 1 512 chip of ram and 1 256 chip, 2 cd drives, and 1 80 GIG hard drive the board is a DFI socet 478. thanks guys hope ya can help

2. Baby Huey

Baby Huey TS Rookie Posts: 19

3. warriorsquirle

warriorsquirle TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks! i'll try it once i get some money.....hope it works better. and do any of you know if it's worth it to buy into a AMD 64bit? i might get one. right now i have a 2.4 and i was thinking about getting a 3.0 but then the 64's came out and for me to get one i would need to spend around $300-400 and for a 3.0 it would be a lil less than $200....so what do u guy's think? 64 or 3.0?

P.S. the 64 i'm looken at is clocked at 2.4 in intel speeds.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.