Some virus problems with Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sry for the long story..

I am using acer travelmate 3280. My com had a virus attack but norton cleared them. The virus scan shows that i am clean after that but the computer still behaves the same way that the D and E drive cannot click open where the open with... option will pop up and had some weird chinese words when i right click it.

Then i decided use the acer factory reset function to reset my C: to try to remove the virus as i have done it before. After that i format my D and E partition after i backed the data i need.

Problem now:
But now whenever the com restart, my outlook, msn installer and launch manager window will pop out. The E drive had no more chinese words after i format it but my d drive stays the same and still uses space of 60mb. I tot it was hidden file and try to enable to view but the com always revert the setting back.

I cannot go safe mode too when i try that when i try to do that, the com will flash a blue screen for half a second and restart. where i cannot read what it says.

I don't know what i can do now. Thank you if anyone one can help, i am not so good with computer. Thanks

Hi darencheong and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of darencheong only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back