TechSpot

Somebody...anybody...

By allofasudden
Jun 17, 2005
  1. I am completely :confused: "skibblebipped" :eek: ! Desktop reads "WARNING YOU ARE IN DANGER!" has completely taken over my desktop, some kind of malware. I've downloaded HijackThis, Killbox, etc... but don't know what the hell I'm doing. Can somebody help me please? Much thanks...

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First go HERE and follow the instructions carefully, especially about updating and Hijackthis placement.

Once you have done that, go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hjackthis log.

When you are ready to post your HJT log. Start a new thread in the Windows os forum, and give your thread a descriptive title.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 316

well welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

u r in the right place, follow Howard's advice also search through the forum there are lots of people with problems similar to urs so u can pickup some nice information from that.

4. allofasudden

allofasudden TS Rookie Topic Starter

5. allofasudden

Hey I uploaded the Hijack This Log but it showed as an attachment...? Is that gonna work? I was at first just going to cut and paste but I read the link you sent me and tried it that way, did I do it right?

thanks

6. howard_hopkinso

Please do as requested. Thanks.

The reason for this is, because you will get many more people looking at your post, if you put it in the correct forum.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

7. allofasudden

ok thanks. but did i do it right in this forum? i sent an attachment and it has to be opened by clicking on it instead of the whole hijack log listed in my post.

8. howard_hopkinso

Yes you did do it right.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

9. allofasudden

GREAT and thanks for the prompt response Howard!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.